Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas, San Antonio Spring fishing-freshwater
[cool]Greetings from San Antonio, Texas.
Lakes at San Antonio: Calaveras & Braunig
We are at the low portion of our winter temperatures. The fish are spending most of their time in the warm water holding area in the rear of the lake. This restricted water offers the fish a couple months of great eating and fast growing. With the mild conditions we are seeing, an early start on spring patterns are expected.The coming year looks to offer some of the best reds and Hybrids that I believe we will have ever seen in the 18 years I've guided here. Please continue to check our web page for the big start and first runs of spring fish.
As for fish in January and February, the river temperatures are holding steady. As long as we don't get pounded with cold weather by mother nature, we should be seeing the start of our Spring White Bass run, any time now. We have been seeing scattered pockets of small groups, but are still waiting for the run to take off.
So, grease the reels, do your push-ups, and prepare for a fantastic year! Our Red fish count on boated fish for the year 2003, stands at about "3450;" not bad action for an eight month period!!! Yes, 2004 looks to be even better.
Thanks for checking in and we'll see you soon at dock side! So; pray for our troops, be thankful for the freedom our veterans have provided, and keep the kids in your thoughts...... Jeff Snyder
SW Fishing Charters New Mobile # (210) 383-1119 H/W 649-2435
WEB < [url "http://www.texasfishingguides.org/snyder"][#800080]www.texasfishingguides.org/snyder[/#800080][/url] >
email: < bigjeff@infohiwy.net >
[signature]
WOW,
We just don't get enough of your great info. It is great to hear that the white bass run is just around the corner. I hope the weather worms some soon as old age has a point of keeping many great anglers off the water when the temps are down. Will be keeping an eye on the Reds counts this year as I have to agree that it is looking to be a great year in 2004. Make sure you let us know when them whites take off so we all can get out there and have a great day on the water. I am looking for some nice big and fat fish to be taken this year. What a great way to start the new year!
[signature]