Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High and Dirty Streamers
The waters near my place are steadily rising as the runoff builds. I usually have the best luck in these conditions with streamers but when I went out yesterday I didn't do very good. I am curious as to what streamers everyone likes for these types of conditions. I have yet to make a finpusher purchase but I am starting to think its time. At ten bucks a pop I have to ask, is the Provo Hooker worth the investment? Give me your top three streamers for high/dirty water.
[signature]
Do you tie your flies? I've tied some similar to the hooker and they seem to be pretty effective.

I like to use big articulated streamers now for higher flows. Not sure if one pattern or color is better than the other but they all seem to catch a fish out two.

[inline 20150316_183331.jpg]

-

[inline 1423892118173.jpg]

-
[signature]
Those are sweet dude. I tried to tie up some flies a month or two ago and rapidly came to the conclusion that I suck. Big time. For now, i am interested in just purchasing flies in an effort to keep my blood pressure in check. Good to know that you are catching fish on those, I think I just need to loosen up the grip on my wallet and give them a shot.
[signature]