Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bait Safty
Hello all!

I am a new user here. judging by the dates on most posts this place may be quit dead. I am new to fishing and have a question about catfishing baits.

Soap seems to be either a create bait of a joke, Has anyone had any luck with it? and more importantly does it have a negative effect on the water. I do catch and release and was also wondering if the soap ends up killing the said fish. I am just curious if this method is worth a try or if i should stick to the old hotdog
[signature]
Welcome to the site Rusty, yea, some of our boards don't get a lot of use but others are very active with up to a page or more post per day. Depending on which state you live in, you could get an answer to your question in a matter of minutes. Our state boards are the most active, if you don't mind me asking what state do you live in?
I have heard about using soap as bait but I have never tried it.
[signature]
Ivory soap does work and it doesn't injure the fish. Probably best used on a bush hook. Check your local regulations before you go tying hooks to limbs though.

If you want to catch the larger species, use live bait or fresh cut bait. Hot dogs and things like that will only warrant you small channel cats and bullheads.
[signature]