Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gunnison Bend Reservoir LMB
Hey all--

Spending the weekend down in Delta again with my wife and her family. Last time I went, I was chasing panfish and crappie, but now that I've been bitten by the LMB bug, I want to see if I can get a few there.

When I last posted about Gunnison Bend reservoir, there were a couple of people who were experts on that particular reservoir that were SUPER helpful in their responses.

But I'm happy to get info on that reservoir or on LMB in general as I'm pretty new to targeting that particular fish.

From what I understand, this time of year I'll want to look for reeds and weeds that are close to depth changes, dropoffs, and deeper parts of the reservoir in general. Is that correct? I have a couple of spinnerbaits I might try in the mornings/evenings, but other than that I was going to use plastics. I have a couple of types of worms, and some craws.

Any corrections, clarifications. or additional info would be much appreciated.

Oh, one more thing. I'm positive that the power squadron will be out in overwhelming force for this 3-day weekend; I was wondering if that has any effect on LMB behavior that I could use to my advantage? I.e. does it scare them towards the shorelines or something?
[signature]
It sounds like you know enough to get in trouble. Waves can be a good thing sometimes as they push baitfish up on points but I'm not familiar with Gunnison bend at all. Best bet is early, early.
[signature]
Don''t expect to rind any real depth changes there. It goes from shallow to shallower.
Lots of cover on East shore line.
[signature]
One of the harder things to do is find access along the shoreline let alone finding an access road. Nothing is marked.
[signature]