Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeskadee and Ham's Fork
Just got back from a weekend at these two spots in Wyoming. Lots of hiking in the hot sun and lots hunting decent size fish. Tons of dinks jumping around. My good friend who grew up there landed several beautiful bows over 20 inches. Seeskadee sure is desolate and the big fish are far few between.

Fished the Ham's below City Reservoir, and again, lots of dinks. I got one 20 incher or so and had another on and lost it.

On the Green, they wanted dark Streamers and small nymphs. Did best with small nymphs and the Ham's.

Question: Would anyone be willing to share more information on these two locations as far as what sections to fish and best time of year to go? Would also love to get into some dry action at these locations.

Thanks, and PM if necessary.

Justin
[signature]
Great report, thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I have been wondering about the Ham's. If I can find I day I am going to go fish it. If I can make it out there I will let you know how it went.
[signature]
[quote catfish77]Question: Would anyone be willing to share more information on these two locations as far as what sections to fish and best time of year to go? Would also love to get into some dry action at these locations.

Thanks, and PM if necessary.

Justin[/quote]

Remember the rules of "fight club"? It's like that.
[signature]
I guess if you're unwilling to share, that go play in your special clubSmile
[signature]
Some true words right here
[signature]
Did you spend a couple of bucks at the store and talk to Caleb?

That is my advice.

I have always found that part of the Green to moss and weed filled for my liking.

For dry fly action, match the hatch, always.
[signature]
I think it's more the fact that people don't talk about those places because they are special, and everyone that really knows those pieces of water came to that knowledge via, exploration and effort. The club has it's dues, figure the water out on yourself and you have your own club. Thats what I did...
[signature]
The internet really did trash those two. 15+ years ago, before a slough of guides and distant visitors, they were both stellar and uncrowded. World class. No more. There are other WY waters that fish as good or better than 15 years ago. Those aren't it. You can have 'em both, I drive right past 'em a dozen times a year.

As for dry fly fishing, good luck. It only takes one boat, or a few casts (or bobber lobs) over a rising fish to put it down on both waters, and they don't come back up in 5 or 15 minutes, at least not the good ones. It ain't long these days before they're lobbed upon. Not to mention the slobs that flock to Seedskadee to "fish" over the spawning beds. It gets ugly.
[signature]
I agree with Tarponjim. Both rivers are a thing of the past in my book. It makes me really Sad, but they are just like my home river (Salt River in Star Valley). Nothing like it was even 5 years ago. Lots of people fishing, and the craze of catching spawning fish has really taken its toll. Last time I fished below Fontenelle was summer of 2015. There were so many guide boats that I got bummed out and left about 11 AM. I hit a spot that is WAY off the beaten path on my way home and hammered some nice rainbows. The green and Hamms still hold fish to be sure, but it has been discovered, and it is nothing like it was.
[signature]