Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long skunk/success - Web/club 10/23
Well after a long dry spell (smell of skunk) because of high, muddy water and construction folks putting in telephone poles and lines, water went down to 1 scfs. Deer season, so I left Rusty home, don't trust folks when Rusty may look like a deer. Any way, water still pretty much off color and not clear at all. Fished a bit in my normal holes, only caught a couple, but while walking could see em fining/feeding in the head waters/shallows so I climbed down, falling on my ass about the 5th time and got good results, with the standard single prince with a very light split shot.
Man, it's getting tougher and tougher to get back up and climb the bank. [Image: icon_redface.gif] Am 82 now [frown][frown] This pic. is typ. of the catch. kept it for my first fish dinner in a while!!! !8 1/2 in. [Image: icon_e_biggrin.gif]

[inline IMG_0166.JPG]
[signature]
Nice to see you're still getting out. Nice fish.
[signature]
Good looking brown Fred. That could be a dangerous situation, if your fishing by yourself and fall and got hurt. No fish is worth getting hurt, glad you got the skunk off.
[signature]
Well your one tough Son of a Gun (S.O.G.) so I am not too worried about this issue..lets just hope your wife didn't read it!!
[signature]
Leaky, I just turned 60 last month and been feeling like I'm even older. Your post made me reconsider. Sir, I applaud you for staying in the game, and your fishin buddy, Rusty, reminds me of the female Golden I had for 11 years. Best fishin partner ever.
But desires sometimes cause us all, no matter what age, to attempt activities we maybe should be more cautious about. By all means, don't stop doing what you obviously love (I think I would die if I couldn't fish), but be cautious, maybe find another 2 legged partner to take with you.
[fishin]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Come om guys, give me a break, just playing the old man sympathy card with exaggeration. So I slip and sit on my but??? Find it tougher to climb embankment,- just grab some brush to help pull me up!! Besides, what better way to go rather then a future in a nursing home.[mad]
[signature]
[quote Leaky33] Come om guys, give me a break, just playing the old man sympathy card with exaggeration. So I slip and sit on my but??? Find it tougher to climb embankment,- just grab some brush to help pull me up!! Besides, what better way to go rather then a future in a nursing home.[mad][/quote]

[cool]keep it up Fred! You're doing great.
[signature]