Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PM problem solved
PM attachment problem solved
For those that have tried to attach a file or pic to a PM and you got the message that your file was too large, there is some good news, finally.
Members that do not delete their PM's should start deleting them, at least those that have over 100 old PM's. For now any member than has less that 100 old PM's need not worry. It appears BFT has reached the max for PM storage. The storage has been extended for now but if the members that keep PM's do not start deleting them, there could be a forced purge of all old PM's. Please send wiperhunter2 a PM. if you have any question, thanks.
[signature]
[quote albinotrout]

For those that have tried to attach a file or pic to a PM and you got the message that your file was too large, there is some good news, finally.

[/quote]

How about sharing with the members what the good news is?
[signature]
I believe the good news is they figured out what the problem was.
[signature]
Kent sent me the same question but in a PM, I think he just doesn't think he should have to delete PM's that are 13 years old.[Wink]
[signature]
I guess the good news is, is that he gets to do a whole lot of deleting then?[:p]
[signature]
[#0000FF]I was the one who brought the problem to the attention of the new owners. And I was the one who suggested arbitrary deletion of ridiculously large collections of PMs...rather than keep enlarging the file capacity of the system.

But you posted anything over 10 PMs. WH2 originally posted 100 PMs. Who is right? Making it only 10 PMs is equally ridiculous.

I also suggested such things as making a like button on posts. And another thing was to be able to set up a BFT "contacts" list...such as we have on email...rather than saving all of our old PMs just so we can find the BFT user names easier.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
We were asked to do a copy and paste from a mod board. Ask WH2, it's his message. I'm down to 40 myself.
[signature]
It must have been a typo but I thought I said 100, I'll go back and check and correct it, if that was what I said on the main mod board.
Myself, I always use the buddy list, for my contact list but I guess that does not work for everyone.
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...buddy_list
[signature]
It's a 100. The 10 was typed in error.
[signature]
[#0000FF]I'm down to 250 PAGES. And that's after a couple of big purges in the past year. Looks like I got some more housecleaning to do.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I have about a total of 40 PMs. I try to keep up with the deletions. Kinda like my email.
[signature]
[#0000FF]I do quite a bit of deleting as I go along. But some weeks I get as many as 100 PMs...looking for info, maps, pics...and wanting me to go fishing. If I let up for a while I have more cleanup to do. Hadn't realized just how many I have left undeleted.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]

Kent sent me the same question but in a PM, I think he just doesn't think he should have to delete PM's that are 13 years old.[Wink]

[/quote]

Your assumption is 100% wrong.

[quote wiperhunter2]

[/quote]

To me, you announce that there is good news and then provide no information explaining what the good news is. I felt another sentence providing more details on exactly what the good news is would have been helpful.

As far as having too many PMs, I only have 11,184, so I am not one of those who is keeping too many.[Wink]
[signature]
Well you almost have as many as I did when I started deleting my old PMs.[blush]
[signature]