Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2003 State Records
I thought I would share the new state records that were caught in 2003 just incase you never heard about it!

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2444;]

[font "Arial"]Bill Wald, Washburn, took 45 minutes to land a 46-pound muskie at New Johns Lake, shattering both the tiger muskie (40 pounds) and pure muskie (33.5 pounds) state records. Wald's catch was even more impressive considering he was using a $19.99 fishing combo rod-and-reel with six pound test line. The muskie was caught July 20 in 21 feet of water. Wald was using a reef runner while trolling. Other than paddlefish or sturgeon, Wald's muskie is the largest fish documented as caught in North Dakota.[/font]
[signature]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2445;]

Roger Haugen's caught the fish on Sept. 13 2003. The Jamestown angler reeled in a 5-pound, 15-ounce smallmouth bass from Spiritwood Lake. The 20 ¾-inch fish broke the old record of 5 pounds, 9 ounces taken by Andrew Mark of Enderlin in 1999 at Lake Sakakawea
[signature]
(couldnt find photo)

Austin Loberg, an 8-year-old angler fromThompson, caught a 31-pound carp from the Sheyenne River near West Fargo on May 16. Loberg's catch dwarfed the previous record of 25 pounds, 6 ounces.The Loberg carp is currently the only record fish listed from the Sheyenne River.The previous record carp came from the Red River.
[signature]
(couldnt find photo)

Chris Vernon, Bismarck, caught a 10-pound, 1-ounce cutthroat trout from the Garrison Dam Tailrace August 4, easily eclipsing the old record of 8 pounds, 4 ounces set in 2001. Vernon's state record cutthroat measured 25 inches in length.
[signature]
The muskie takes the cake by far! And to think...[shocked]I swam in that lake last year...that monster could have ate me!!![Wink]
[signature]