Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The perfect tube?!
Here go. UNDER 10lbs! Oars, comfy seat, no frame, inflatable. With option to add motor.
https://youtu.be/OFPXm_xErwI
[signature]
Me likes it bunches and bunches. Have you tried it Joni?
[signature]
No, I have the heavy version. (14lber) LOVE it for hike ins, and the oars are a big plus.
[signature]
Wow. That looks like a shiny version of the H3 but with a dry seat and psychodelic oars. Looks pretty cool. I wonder if that would hold up in the saltwater? [cool]
[signature]
[#0000FF]My guess is that the lighter weight is the result of using thinner walls on the air chambers. Thin bladders and spiky fish do not get along well. Those things are designed for fishing for wimpy trout.

He's also very "proud" of his stuff...about 3 times more than a Super Fat Cat. Yeah, greater capacity and oars but still more craft than I want/need.

Gotta admit he builds great quality. And quality ain't cheap.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Yes, less (weight) is more the older I get! With the weight of tackle bags, maybe 10# total? Backstraps would be a nice option to move around once it's set up.

I also like to sit completely out of water, and this one seems to do that! Sitting in complete comfort for hours is also very high on my priority list. I've had to modify every seat on the dozens of different models used over the years, due to need for lower lumbar support. Fabric fold down seats have been among the hardest to customize for my use.

Very impressive product overall from what I read, except for NF prices. Perfect for a guide or someone that uses a tube several times a week, or if the high price which can be written off somehow.

PM
[signature]
[#FF0000]"I've had to modify every seat on the dozens of different models used over the years, due to need for lower lumbar support. Fabric fold down seats have been among the hardest to customize for my use."

[#0000FF]Me too three. I had a NFO Renegade for a while. That was one of the biggest complaints I had was the uncomfortable seat...the fold down fabric over the rigid inflated seat. Couldn't adjust the air pressure to compensate satisfactorily. Finally found a contour plastic school chair seat that helped a lot.

I no longer fish where I have to trek my gear very far from my vehicle. Most of my launch spots are drive up, plop and fish. So weight for me is not the big consideration it would be if I were packing in a ways. But it is nice that a manufacturer is making gear to meet the needs of the walk-in anglers.
[/#0000FF]
[/#FF0000]
[signature]
I am told this is BIGGER then the Renagade. It is Salt Water proof. Made out of new stronger, lighter material. The Predator is made out of Heart Valve material. Strong and light, but not puncture proof.
Price, all I can say is you get what you pay for. Lifetime warranty, made in the USA let alone the technology that goes into this is not cheap, just like fly rods. Sure you can buy Asian copies for less. I encourage that.
The older people get they want lighter, well here it is. Bigger then the Renegade at a small tube weight. AND is has special light weight oars that literally sling shot you through water. Add the motor mount and you are set.
New seat design is very comfortable, but I am guessing a lawn chair could also be easily adapted.
Rolls up relatively small, great for travel or even back packing.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Definitely worth a looksee. I never did get up to visit with Dave last spring. He was so busy with shows and new stuff that we just didn't get our schedules to match up.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I know right. Maybe one of the fishing shows here.
[signature]
[#0000FF]I quit going to the "big" Sportsman's Expo thing here. Can't see spending the time and money just to look at RVs and guide services. Those shows have really gone downhill...angler-wise...since Cabelas and Sportsman's quit having their big booths with lots of good special buys. Hardly anything fishing oriented any more. But if Dave finds them a good place to show off his goodies, more power to him.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I don't know if he does the Sportsmen's show, I quit going too, but the Wasatch Fly Fishing expo is in April. That get's better every year. I know people would LOVE to see you there. Maybe even with some of you specialty lure/flies.
If not, maybe we can hit him up for a demo ride at Willard.
I wanna try it to!
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][#0000FF]I quit going to the "big" Sportsman's Expo thing here. Can't see spending the time and money just to look at RVs and guide services. Those shows have really gone downhill...angler-wise...since Cabelas and Sportsman's quit having their big booths with lots of good special buys. Hardly anything fishing oriented any more. But if Dave finds them a good place to show off his goodies, more power to him.
[/#0000FF][/quote]

Haven't been to the sportsmans expo since it was at the south towne center for the first time.
[signature]
I still go to the Fred Hall Show in Long Beach. My primary reason is to see what is new in the fishing world while my other reasons are to meet up with my friends from a few fly fishing shops, some of the boat captains, re-acquaint with some of my other buddies from Okuma as they add new members of the fishing team from time to time and also for the reason of getting supplies from some of the tackle manufacturers that the California DFG recommend for some secret fishing techniques. [cool]
[signature]
[#0000FF]Yeah, the fly fishing show sounds like a possible. Keep me posted on that. I'm sure there will be some publicity.

Might even bring some of my "hot-head" flies. I actually used my newly built 5-weight outfit to throw some of them this past year. Even got a few positive votes from some of the local fishies.

Here are pics of a crappie on a white with red eye and a white bass on an RC Killer...red and chartreuse.

[inline "WHITE RED EYE.jpg"]

[inline "FLY MUNCHER.jpg"]

[inline "HOTHEAD WHITIE.jpg"]
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Here is the info on the Carbon Predator:
[font "arial"][black][size 2]
Yes... the new Carbon Predator is getting a lot of attention. A 9 1/2 ft full capacity full size pontoon boat that weighs less than most float tubes is definitely a hit!

It is 9 1/2 ft in length 52 in in width. 900 lb capacity class V whitewater rating hull weight is 8 lbs 13 oz.The seat bed is almost a foot longer than the standard Predator. In a nutshell it is larger than a Renegade not quite as long as a Rampage and weighs substantially less than a standard Predator.
It comes with a trick carbon footrest bar system and our 100% carbon directional blade carbon oars that weigh ounces.
The Predator redefined the term light weight portability and the Carbon Predator takes the concept to an even higher level of performance and light weight portability.
It is a really cool boat and is literally unbelievable to lift up and carry around. It is a really nice elaborate boat that weighs nothing!

Also the Aircraft tube the same size as Predator, with oars.
The new Aircraft float tube is also a huge hit with hardcore tubers. It is the exact size of an Escape yet weighs 3 1/2 lbs...Unbelievable!!!
[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Thanks for the info, FG. Very exciting information, especially about the 3.5 # version!

With the great capacity of the new CP, myself might consider rigging it to carry 2 people, if possible. I did that with my "V" tube to carry my young, 70 # grand daughter in the compartment behind the seat for 30 minute distances, instead of having a battery & motor back there. Handy to float calm downstream sections of the river, or for crossing 2 people over.

Wonder how small the carbon oars break down. Assume these carbon tube versions are bladderless?

These carbon tubes should be faster and easier to power than compatible traditional float tubes because of the light weight. With oars, I doubt they can match the speed of a kayak, canoe or even a pontoon with their lower friction elongated hull shape. If the seating area has contact with any water underneath, that would produce a higher water friction footprint which slows things down. Might be a factor if someone has to go a distance upstream...

Hope this helps.

PM

[quote flygoddess]Here is the info on the Carbon Predator:
[font "arial"][black][size 2]
Yes... the new Carbon Predator is getting a lot of attention. A 9 1/2 ft full capacity full size pontoon boat that weighs less than most float tubes is definitely a hit!

It is 9 1/2 ft in length 52 in in width. 900 lb capacity class V whitewater rating hull weight is 8 lbs 13 oz.The seat bed is almost a foot longer than the standard Predator. In a nutshell it is larger than a Renegade not quite as long as a Rampage and weighs substantially less than a standard Predator.
It comes with a trick carbon footrest bar system and our 100% carbon directional blade carbon oars that weigh ounces.
The Predator redefined the term light weight portability and the Carbon Predator takes the concept to an even higher level of performance and light weight portability.
It is a really cool boat and is literally unbelievable to lift up and carry around. It is a really nice elaborate boat that weighs nothing!

Also the Aircraft tube the same size as Predator, with oars.
The new Aircraft float tube is also a huge hit with hardcore tubers. It is the exact size of an Escape yet weighs 3 1/2 lbs...Unbelievable!!!
[/size][/black][/font][/quote]
[signature]
You do have oars which helps big time. Not sure on the footprint it will make. My Fuzion is flat on the water and it has no problem scootin across water. Or the boats with the floor. The Rockers make a difference however.
My hubby at 230 sits out of the water totally with the Predator.
[signature]