Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salmon Recipies
[#0000a0][size 3][Image: 3salmon.jpg][/size][/#0000a0][#0000a0][size 3][/size][/#0000a0]
[#0000a0][size 3]This thread will be specifically for Salmon recipies. Please feel free to add any recipies that you may have so that we can all share them.[/size][/#0000a0]
[signature]
hey guys, i made jack somethin last nite ma use to make me when i was little,

member SALMON PEA WIGGLE?? HAHA I USE TO LAUGH AT IT. AHHA WHERE,D IT WIGGLE TO? ID ASK HER! HAHA WELL HERE TIS. QUICK SIMPLE EASY, I CALL EM IN A HURRY RECIPES, HAHA, CAUSE I WANT OT GO! AHHA[Smile]

1/4 WORTH OF MARGARIN, OR BUTTER, [4TBS.}

1/4 WRTH OF FLOUR, SALT PEPPER TO YOUR LIKIN,

2 CUPS OF MILK, {I LIKE TO USE CARNATION EVAPORATED MILK, SLIGHTLY DELUTED WITH WATER,} THICKENS IT BETTER, MORE FLAVOR, AND I USE EVAPORATED MILK FER ALL MY COOKIN, I THINKITS BETTER, ESPECIALLY FER THE WHITE SAUSES, THESE 3 ARE FER THE WHITE SAUSE}

MELT YOUR MARGARINE IN HTE POT, GOOD SIZE POT CAUSE IT MAKES QUITE A BIT, 6-8 SERVINS,} DO IT ON LOW, ALL THIS, EVEN WHEN ADDIN YOUR SALMON AND PEAS, YA DONT WANT TO SOUR HTE MILK NAD KEEPS IT GOOD AND HOT STILL, AFTER DONE. SERVE RIGHT OFF.COVER,PUT ON THE LOWEST ONE YA GOT,.

THEN THROW THE 1/4 FLOUR IN AND MIX TILL BLENDED, DONT BURN CAUSE ITS EASY TO IF YA GOT YOUR BURNER TOO HOT, AND THEN SLOWLY ADD YOUR MILD, ADN KEPP STIRIN TIL ITS AT THE CVONSISTENCY, THIVCKNESS YA WANT IT. I LIKE IT LIKE THE CHOWDERS,

SO DO THAT, THEN TAKE AND DEBOME YOUR SALMON, IF YA USE THE CANNED SALMON, OR YOUR FRESH< I LIKE TO THROW JUST A HAIR OF THE JUICE IN FCFER MORE FLAVORIN AND NOT ONLY THAT IT GITS TOO THICK YOU CAN TONE IT DOWN WITH THE JUICE, IF YOUR USIN YOUR FRESH SALMON AND DONT HAVE JUICE, JUST USE THE JUICE FROM THE CANNED PEAS, WORK THE SAME IDEA, AND STILL ADDS FLAVORIN,AS FER AS THICKENSS. OF THE WHITE SAUCE, DRAIN HTE PEAS AND THROW IN LAST, OTHERWISE THEY GIT MUSHY. SOME USE THE FROZEN PEAS BUT I DONT CUASE I DONT CARE FER EM. HEAT SLOWLY COVER, GITS WARMER FASTER, YA CAN PUT BACON IN IF YA WANTOR BACON BITS, OR TOUCH OF GARLIC WITH THE WHITE SAUCE BUT I THINK DOIN THE SAMON IS ENOUGH WITH THE JUICE CAUSE THATS WHAT IT IS SUPPOSE TO BE, IS THE TASTE OF HTE SALMON. DONT YA FIGURE?? HAHA [Smile]LATER,
[signature]
[center][font "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][#0000ff][size 2]Scottish Cooking, Speyside Salmon
with Cucumber and Coriander Dressing[/size][/#0000ff][/font][/center]
[font "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][#0000ff][size 2]Recipe[/size][/#0000ff][/font][font "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size 2]
4oz akinless fresh salmon steaks
coarse rock salt
finely chopped fresh dill and coriander
zest of lemon, orange & lime
extra virgin olive oil
soft brown sugar
Aberlour single malt whisky [/size][/font][font "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][/font][font "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]
[#0000ff][size 2]Dressing to accompany the salmon[/size][/#0000ff][size 2]
Crème fraiche, 500ml
Finely diced cucumber
Chopped coriander
Salt & pepper
Lemon juice
Finely chopped chives[/size][/font]
[font "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][#0000ff][size 2]Method[/size][/#0000ff][/font][font "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size 2]
Place the salmon steaks in a tray and cover them with sea salt for 24 hours. Remove the salt by washing in cold water, dry well and lay in a serving trat. Liberally sprinkle with whisky. Sprinkle them with the herbs, zest and soft brown sugar. Season with fresh black pepper. Lightly cover with extra virgin olive oil and leave for 24 hours. Serve with a good homemade brown bread.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Smoked Salmon Romanoff

8 oz pkg egg noodles, cooked
1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
1 1/2 cups sour cream
8 oz smoked salmon, drained and flaked
4 oz sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 teaspoons minced onion
2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon minced garlic
finely chopped parsley

In a 3 quart Dutch oven, combine noodles, cottage cheese, sour
cream, smoked salmon, mushrooms, 1/2 cup cheese, onion, Worcestershire
sauce and garlic. Cook covered over medium heat for 10 minutes or
until heated htrough, stirring occasionally. Take off heat, let
stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
[signature]
Salmon Croquettes

440gm can pink salmon draind and flaked
1 3/4 cups mashed potato
2 eggs separated
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
pinch celery seed
dry crumbs for coating
chopped herbs, optional

Mix flaked salmon and potato (and herbs if using) with egg yolks.
Toss the flour, salt, pepper, celery seed together. Form salmon
mixture into croquettes and dust with the seasoned flour. Whisk
egg whites until foamy. Dip croquettes into egg whites then dry
crumbs, pressing crumbs in firmly. Chill 15 minutes.

Bake in a preheated oven 190degrees C for 25 to 30 minutes.

May also be shallow fried in oil, 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
[signature]
Salmon in Vodka Cream Sauce with Green Peppercorns

8 tablespoons butter
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 pound spinach
6 6 ounce salmon fliets
salt and freshly ground pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
1/2 cup vodka
2 tablespoons green peppercorns in water, drained and crushed
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/4 cup snipped fresh chives

Preheat oven to 350F. Combine 4 tablespoons butter and onion in
large Dutch oven. Cover and bake until onion is golden brown,
stirring occasionally, about 45 minutes.

Stir spinach into onion and bake until just wilted, about 3 minutes.
Remove from oven; keep warm.

Season salmon with salt and pepper. Heat oil in heavy large skillet
over high heat. Add salmon in batches and cook about 3 minutes
per side for medium. Transfer to platter. Tent with foil to keep
warm. Pour off excess oil from skillet. Add cream and vodka and
boil until slightly thickened, about 4 minutes. Add green peppercorns
and remaining 4 tablespoons butter and stir until butter is just
melted. Mix in lime juice, season with salt and pepper.

Divide spinach and onion mixture among plates. Top each with salmon
fillet. Spoon sauce over. Sprinkle with snipped fresh chives.
[signature]
SALMON-BROCCOLI LOAF WITH DILL AND CAPERS

1 c loosely packed parseley sprigs, washed and patted dry
6 slices firm-textured white bread
2 c broccoli stems, cubed
1 medium yellow onion, cut into slim wedges
1 3/4 pounds cooked or canned boned salmon (remove all dark skin)
1/3 c drained caperss (use the small capers)
2/3 c light cream
4 eggs
2 TBS snipped fresh dill or 3/4 tsp dill weed
Finely grated rind of 1/2 lemon
1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper

In food processor fitted with metal chopping blade, mince paresely
fine, using 5-6 on-offs of the motor; empty into a large mixing
bowl. Now crumb the bread 2 slices at a time, with two or three
5-or 6 churning of the motor; add to bowl. Dump all the broccoli
stems into processor; mince very fine with about three 5-second
bursts; add to bowl.

Processor-mince the onion, 3 o4 4 bursts will do it, add to the
bowl.

Flake the salmon in three batches, 2 on-offs will be enough. Add
to the mixing bowl along with all remaining ingredients. Mix v
thoroughly, pack mixture firmly into a well-buttered 9x5x3 inch
loaf pan and bake in a slow oven (300 degrees F.) for about 1 hour
and 40 minutes, or until loaf begins to pull from sides of pan and
is firm to the touch. Remove loaf from oven and let it stand
upright in its pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Carefully loosen
the loaf all around w a thin-bladed spatula, then invert gently
onto a large serving platter.
[signature]
Grilled Salmon with Asparagus and vinaigrette Ingredients: 4 eight- to ten-ounce pieces of fresh salmon fillets, skinless 1/2 cup canola oil McCormick's Season All 1 lb. fresh asparagus spears, medium size Sun-dried tomato basil vinaigrette (recipe below) 4 portions of your favorite savory rice recipe (Red Lobster suggests a wild/white rice blend) [Image: spacer.gif]Preparation: Grilled Salmon 1. Lightly brush both sides of fillets with oil and season with McCormick's Season All. 2. Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat and grill fish for 4-5 minutes until well marked. 3. Turn fish over and continue grilling another 5-6 minutes or until your fresh fish preference is reached. [Image: spacer.gif]Grilled Asparagus 1. Measuring from the tip, cut stems off about 5" down. Discard stems. 2. Toss asparagus in 3 tbsp. oil; add salt and pepper to taste. 3. Grill asparagus for about 1 minute, then roll and grill another minute or until tender. [Image: spacer.gif]Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Vinaigrette (Yield: 8 ounces) Ingredients: 6 ounces canola oil 2 ounces red wine vinegar 2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes in oil, finely chopped ½ cup chopped fresh basil 2 tbsp. red onion, diced 1 tsp. fresh garlic, minced Salt and pepper to taste [Image: spacer.gif]Preparation: 1. In a large bowl, mix canola oil, red wine vinegar, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh basil, red onions and garlic. 2. Using a wire whip, mix ingredients until incorporated. 3. Whip in salt and pepper to taste and warm slightly. [Image: spacer.gif]Chef's Tip: When serving, place a heaping portion of rice on the center on a large dinner plate. Place fish leaning on half of the rice. Place asparagus next to fish and rice. Pick two pieces of asparagus and criss-cross over fish. Spoon two ounces of warm vinaigrette over fish. Serve with a lemon wedge. [signature]
1 (14 3/4 ounce) can pink salmon, undrained
1/2 cup saltine cracker crumbs
1/4 cup cornmeal
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Vegetable oil
Drain salmon, reserving liquid; set liquid aside. Remove skin and bones from salmon, if desired; flake with a fork, and set aside. Combine cracker crumbs and reserved liquid; let stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in salmon, cornmeal and next 3 ingredients. Shape salmon mixture into 6 patties. Pour oil to depth of 1/4 inch into a large, heavy skillet. Fry patties in hot oil over medium heat until browned, turning once. Drain patties on paper towels.
Yields 6 servings.
yum[Wink]
[signature]