Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
0-for-2 counting Pineview
Licked our wounds after getting skunked at Starv Thur.......especially after hearing buddy went to our spot next day & caught 70 perch in 3 hrs, then another buddy today getting 3-doz. Anyway, skunk still in force. Sunnier than Starv, but much COLDER, and I thought Starv was cold. Fished south side of CemPt w/abiout 2-doz tenters and another doz or so parties. Zilch for all of us. Most of us in the 25-35' range. About as populous on north side. Quit at 10am and did drive-by too what was what at Narrows, Ramp, Browning pt ------- about 2-3 guys at each spot. Didn't exactly look like fish were jumping thru the ice. Cannot recall when I went 0-2 ice fishing, particularly at beginning of season. Looking for a tall building with a ledge.
[signature]
Took a beating at PV, too.

I'm no expert at all, but I blame the high pressure, and super cold temps. Remember a week back when almost nothing was frozen? And now it's sub-zero and high pressure and very cold. I never seem to do well on days like that for panfish esp. I seem to do better on clear, sunny days, and cloudy, not stormy, days when it's not so cold.
[signature]
Crazy. The bite seems to not be there.
[signature]