Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestions for hiding an underwater fish camera
Anyone have a trick for concealing an under water camera while fishing? I am thinking of just going to an aquarium and getting some fake foliage, but was wondering if anyone knew of something pre-fab'd or that snapped onto most camera systems, etc. I've googled for it, but not getting too much information.
[signature]
But....why? Fish don't know what a camera is.
[signature]
I hear it spooks them usually.
[signature]
[quote sysinu]I hear it spooks them usually.[/quote]

[#0000FF]Only the ones that swim around naked.

In truth, most folks who fish with cameras report having fish come up and whack the camera. The cutts at Da Berry are especially aggressive and have been known to try to chomp them.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[quote sysinu]I hear it spooks them usually.[/quote]

Most fish are curious about them.
[signature]
Go to disney.com and buy a Nemo sticker for it. Good as gold, job done.
[signature]
Try typing in real weeds, it's an artificial weed structure that you can buy and maybe they'll let you purchase individual pieces. If not just try buying some artificial plants from a hobbie store like Michaels or Joanns an tie it to your camera cable. Hope this helps!
[signature]
My buddy has one and it hasn't really scared too many fish away! There pretty fun to use!
[signature]
I use an Aqua Vu micro and as others have stated, fish seem to either be curious or not bothered by it. Perch are very curious and will swim up to it and stare into the camera. I used it at Strawberry last week and the cutthroat bit or bumped it several times. I remember a post of a tiger musky at Pineview being caught after it bit down on the camera and was pulled in. In my experience, fish don't seem to be spooked by them once the camera is set and holding still.
[signature]
This is great feedback. Helps me lower my concerns tremendously! Thank you everyone for your comments.
[signature]
I use underwater cameras a lot...Water Wolf and Aqua Vu...as others have mentioned no issue and the fish are curious...have some great footage of Tiger Muskies hitting the Water Wolf and following it. Don't think you'll have any issues with spooking fish...
[signature]
You can hide it in my sled.[bobhappy]
[signature]
[quote Bowfin]You can hide it in my sled.[bobhappy][/quote]

[Wink]
[signature]