Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum
I want to go to Hyrum tomorrow does any one have a report on the ice conditions around the shore. I was there two weeks ago but haven't been back since. Wanting to take the family with me this time
[signature]
Good cold night last night should help, but all the rain and warm may cause new gaps as the reservoir fills. Last weekend was pretty good with short gaps but we got lots of new moisture that has probably found its way into Hyrum by now so if I was you I'd take a plank. Hopefully someone will report on current conditions today, but if not I'd plan on needing a way onto the ice. Good luck. J
[signature]
Thanks for the reply that's what I was thinking as well. Fish on
[signature]
Tuesday, the wet gap was about six feet from the ramp to solid ice. Somebody left a plank there which allowed dry-foot access to the ice.

On the lake itself, ice was a measured 8". I did find a spot where there was a water layer between two sheets of ice, but that may have been due to an earlier drilled hole.

In short, the lake is filling, which results in a shore gap, but it isn't melting.
[signature]
Me and a friend are going out after work and into the night I will let you guys know the ice conditions afterwards.
[signature]
as of 11 last night, the ice down by the dam and cove was about 13" thick.
[signature]
Hyrum is fine! The overall ice is very thick...,the shoreline had been dicey due to all the water being let in, but as of yesterday, you could walk out without needing a plank. That only became better since it never got above freezing temps since then, and really cold last night too. Worst case scenario, ankle deep splash on the shore line...but a small plank solves that.
[signature]
Thanks for the reply I came up past night and headed there now. Fish on.
[signature]
There is no shore gap right now at hyrum.
[signature]
Ice is good and safe margins now. Should be easy to fish if you want to go there tomorrow. Good luck. J
[signature]