Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Ice and Cisco?
Any recent reports on safe ice at Bear Lake? I trust the south end is still good to go. How about the area around the Rock Pile?

Also, are cisco still being netting at Cisco Beach?

Thanks
[signature]
From Darin @ fishingbearlake.com fishing report

January 27th, 2016
OK - I got some better news for your Cisco Fisherman. The Cisco came in off of the Marina at 6:30AM - 7:30AM They also showed up on Cisco Beach at 8:15-10am and then returned again at 4-5pm. This is a little different but not too different. Look for this to stay this way for at least a few more days. I will continue to update as I get updates and review them.
Jigging for Cisco and whitefish has also stay productive in the areas that I have previously posted. Read down below at the other days.
The ice has formed and is holding around the lake. It may be just enough to be thick enough to get past the storm that is coming in this weekend. The Rockpile is frozen over but not even close enough to walk out on so DON'T TRY IT! If it holds it may be possible, for the desperate anyway, to access it by Saturday. I will keep posting with more info.
The ice off of Cisco beach started to stack up out in deeper water. It is getting thicker over there but still a little sketchy so use caution.
I went out last night from 6-11pm. It wasn't worth it but it was fun if nothing else. The fishing wasn't any good but watching the moon come up at 9:30pm was AWESOME! Look for the moon phase to simmer down and the best fishing to be the best this weekend all of next week.
Good luck and keep me posted!
[signature]
Thank you.
[signature]
Ive been fishing quite a bit lately. You can tell its starting to slow down. The last time I went I got alot of looks on the sonar but no bites. Everything I have caught was chuck full. I got one cutt that I swear was gonna pop! ha ha [laugh]

It has been fun ice fishing Bear Lake this year, however, Come on wind and waves, my boat is feeling left out.....

Careful going out and use your head, no fish is worth dying for...
[signature]
Went over after cisco this morning on cisco beach. It has really slowed down. Took a couple of hours to catch 2 limits. Talked to a guy that had been out after the macs. He said he had been there 5 hours and caught one fish and graphed 4 or 5. Really foggy this morning. One other thing. The ice has separated off cisco beach out about 100 yards and refroze but along the beach the ice is still good. Looked like most all of the lake is frozen now.
[signature]