Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ready for some steelhead
All ready for some steelhead action , been tying flies and getting the gear in shape .
[signature]
I'd say you are ready, wow, thats a lot of flies, how do you get them to glow? When does the season begin?
[signature]
Michigan has a complicated trout season as far as regulations go .
Boat with motor , boat with no motor , no boat , fly only , lure only, bait allowed , Not allowed lures or hook sizes in your possession , ect,ect,ect .
Some spots on a stream you can go through 4 different stream types within 500 yards .
I fish the year round open waters that connect off the great lakes to keep myself safe .
The glow-in-the dark materials, paints and glue , found some while Christmas shopping for the Mrs. at a fabric store . I paint yarn, thread , hair and feathers , let them dry and then tie them up . Glow in the dark sticks for a hot glue gun make the eggs for spawn sacks during salmon season .
Found some other glow-in-the-dark fly tying materials on line .

I bought one Glow-in-the-dark fly last fall ($3.25 ) , after fishing quite awhile without one bump I decided to give it a try , the results were instant on the first cast and just about every other cast after that . That's why I decided to make the Glow-in-the-darks for those times when nothing else is working .

I live in the center of the Mitt in Michigan , 1 hour 45 minutes drive to either side of the State to fish , 3 hours to the top or bottom of the State to fish . Having the right fly is a necessity when the fish are calling me .

My next step is making streamers .
[signature]
depends on where you want to fish, some places the season is year round, and there is always a stray some where that dosnt know he is susposed to be migrating.
[signature]
Persomaly I am always ready,

one of these years I will catch back up with you again on the river
[signature]
There is little doubt, glow works. We use it when fishing deep, its pretty amazing how well it works.
[signature]
I can't seem to catch a break in the weather , with the weekend comes the snow , lots of it .
If it isn't snow , it's unscheduled work .
I have a hour and a half drive to open trout waters yet I have a trout stream just across the road from my house .
I've tied more flies then I can possibly use in a year this winter .
[signature]
I can't seem to catch a break in the weather , with the weekend comes the snow , lots of it .
If it isn't snow , it's unscheduled work .
I have a hour and a half drive to open trout waters yet I have a trout stream just across the road from my house .
I've tied more flies then I can possibly use in a year this winter .
[signature]
We are sure getting some nice weather here, hopefully your weather will improve there as well.
[signature]
I finally got a break in the weather and went steelheading
I don't know, maybe 6 hours of fishing and 5 minutes of catching .
That's the great thing about fishing though , time stands still so I gained another 5 hours and 55 minutes of not growing older .
Those 5 minutes , yea , I was living !!!!!
This girl went back in , foul hooked , you can see my fly just under the fin .
Just a note to the builder of my new this year steelhead rod :
Jim Grandt , yea , someone noticed my rod , asked questions and I made a couple of new friends . Your creation performed flawlessly .
Tell everyone I said thank you again, I love my rod
[signature]
How long was your Steely? Always good to meet new friends[Smile].
[signature]
I didn't measure the hen , eggs were loose and needed to get her back in right away .
[signature]