Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber River
Does anyone have any insight as to why the section of river between Riverdale and the mouth of the canyon fishes so poorly in comparison to the rest of the river? The river itself looks fairly decent. Plenty of cover/structure, great looking riffles, runs and pools but I cannot remember a time when the fishing through that stretch was really any good. I hear a lot of people say the numbers are low. Is there a reason?

Thanks,

T.B.
[signature]
That is a good question. I fished it as a kid several times and never caught a fish.
We did lots better fishing the ponds at Riverside Golf Course, I don't think you can do that anymore. lol

Humpy
[signature]
There's some great fish in that section. In fact, the biggest fish in the Weber hang out in the lower reaches. During the summer months it can slow down, as the fish tend to move upstream into colder water, but there are still some great fish there year round. It's all about quality over quantity down there. Spend some time throwing streamers and you'll see.
[signature]
Sounds like I need to do a little more work. Thanks for the feedback!
[signature]
I've wondered the same thing. I fished it multiple times this past year and hadn't had much luck. There's some real fishy looking water throughout so there must be fish right?

It seems to me that it fishes better during the winter months. I've done well on that stretch the past few weekends.
[signature]
I agree with Moby Dick, there are some toads in that lower stretch.
[signature]
I've always felt that with the walking path all the way up it really could be an awesome public fishery. I have fished it before and done ok but it seems like there is great habitat there. I don't know, would some stocking help boost the numbers? I don't see many people fishing it and that is a shame with the great access there.
[signature]