Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pickerel, Pike, Walleye and Muskie Recipes.
This thread will be for sharing our favorite recipes for Pickerel, Pike, Walleye and Muskies. Pleas feel free to add some of your own.
[signature]
Holy smokes. I guess I'll try some of these out for sure![cool] My mom used to make the Walleyes in potatoe flakes, but she used to sprinkle in a little lemon juice, which, believe it or not, gives it a real good added flavor.
[signature]
My son & I sometimes run into where we only catch a few keepers, and he likes it when i clean them up & cook some up in a hurry for him & I.

If you ever run into this type of situation, this will save the day for you.

Take your fillets, and run super cold water on them. Pat them so they are fairly dry. Then I take my favorite spices, and shake some in my hands. I rub it into the fillets, on both sides. Then I place them on a plate, and space them a little. Shave off a very thin piece of stick butter or margarine & let it set on each fillet. Then place a paper towel over the top & pop it in the microwave. Cooking time varies in microwaves, but in mine, I put it on 1 1/2 minutes on high for smaller fillets. Thicker ones will require a bit more. It is quick, simple and an easy way to get some good tasting fish in your gut.[Wink] I have tried this with bluegills, pike, bass, and walleyes, and they all turned out good.
[signature]