Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
POWELL 3/18-20/16
I was invited to go to powell for a guys trip, we stayed on a house boat a halls crossing, weather was perfect, water temps 53 average, water clarity 25 ft main channel, NO power squadron[cool]

Fished from lake canyon up to seven mile creek, hit all the striper spots in the main channel nothing, speed reeling with castmasters or anchovies, no fish, went to backs of the canyons in the stained water, throwing cranks, found stripers and walleye, bottom bouncing, caught just as many stripers as eyes, found crappie in forgotten around the trees, caught tem on cranks and jigs, did find some eyes between bullfrog and halls on the west side of the lake, we would hit that about dark, sorry I don't have the fish pics, brother took all of those, talked to some other guys down there they thought is was a bit early for the good fishing but I'm not complaining other than the trip was not long enough, gona try to get down there again before it gets hot.[fishin]
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
That sounds like an awesome trip. I'd like to get down there before it gets too hot also.
[signature]
I'm going in three weeks, getting very excited. It's been years. I'll be after walleyes. Just love the challenge they are. What size were they. Could you tell if they are about to spawn, still have there eggs.??
[signature]
doit.... they where 15 to 20 inches, couldn't find the big ones, a couple of the male got all excited to in my brother new boat[Wink], the females still had eggs, most where caught in 20 to 30 ft of stained water[fishin]

hope the weather is as good for you as it was for us.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Awesome report, thank you!
If any of you are interested there will be a small group of us camping in GHB starting thursday night march 31st. We are going to fish solid for a few days and come home early sunday afternoon.
We will have a green/tan Crestliner, a red Lund Crossover, and a silver Ranger.
If you come down let's connect and share information.
[signature]
What or where exactly is GHB?

I will be down there and camping that same weekend with a buddy. If all goes as planned I will be trying out my new Lund I am hoping to get this week. We will be launching from Wahweap so we may not be near each other.
[signature]
Good Hope Bay is appx. 26 miles north of Bullfrog.
If you change your mind come on up and camp with us.
Safety in numbers, especially if anything goes wrong with your new boat.
If not,I hope you have a great trip and congrats on the new ride!
[signature]