Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How's your success with Glow-in-the-dark lures ?
I tried one fly last year that was glow in the dark , instant hit on the first cast .
Decided to make some of my own this winter for next falls Salmon run.
The pic is blurry .
I've been making more for the walleye opener , can't wait to see how they do .
Anyone had any success with glow in the dark lures ?
If so , what did you catch ?

I can't wait for this weather to break , I kinda wonder if a Steelhead is out there thinking of me and sighing .
[signature]
I've been using glow in the dark jigs for years while ice fishing and while jigging for big lake trout or Cutts. Its a game changer because in the deeper water those fish can really pick it out if they are biting. It also shines while night fishing for crappie and smaller trout because they are so easy for the fish to see. I'm not sure if it stands out as much in shallow water when fishing during the day but it would be interesting to hear what success others have had during the day.
[signature]
I'll be giving some of them a try this weekend , just curious on what will hit them .
[signature]
So how did they work?
[signature]
Not sure yet .
Today I left at 4 A.M. for the east side of the State , over in Bassass's neighborhood .
I would have made it in time if it wasn't for the deer on the highways . It's usually a hour and 45 minutes away but better safe then sorry .
I didn't hit any but I came damn close .
My entire trip to that area is woods and farmland .
I just might have to give them a go at my favorite spot "The Honey Hole ", it's just about 10 miles from me .
[signature]
You can't be too careful when driving through deer country. Good luck at the Honey hole.
[signature]