Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
**LINCOLN HARBOR ROCK**
[mad]
**CAUTION THERE IS ROCK BY THE DOCK, IT IS IN THE MIDDLE STRAIGHT OFF THE END OF THE RAMP YOU WALK DOWN, PULL YOUR BOAT TO ENDS WITH YOUR MOTOR AWAY FROM THE MIDDLE **

Be careful, I have to take a file to my prop, its stainless, it would have taken a ear off an aluminum I believe. I wish people would not throw big rocks in the harbor,
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Thanks for the heads up. I was there today but stayed mostly to the south side of the launch.

I think I saw that big rock sitting on the rotting ice this spring. It will probably be a hazard all summer. Thanks again for the warning.

BLK
[signature]
Thanks for the warning. Here's hoping the water level makes it a "non-issue"!
[signature]
what kind of freakin rocket scientist would take the time to drive to the edge of nowhere to drag a rock onto the ice anyway[mad]
[signature]
[quote mtncat1]what kind of freakin rocket scientist would take the time to drive to the edge of nowhere to drag a rock onto the ice anyway[mad][/quote]

Probably the nut case sitting on the side of the mountain holding a pair of binoculars and laughing his head off.[bobhappy]
[signature]
[#0000FF]That was probably right off the end of the dock. That's where a lot of the doofus ice tanglers throw rocks to see if the ice is thick enough. We call those "idiot augers". Make more snags for anglers and dull a lot of ice augers after the snow covers them too.

There are large rocks on top of the dike, just right behind the docks. So no biggie for one or two nut jobs to get a rock down there.

[inline "LINCOLN DOCK DUNKERS.jpg"]
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
they did the same thing on the ramp at pelican point also.
[signature]
So, again, with the water so low, can we get a rope or cable around the rock and pull it out !! Just a thought, because the County will not do anything about it !! How big is it anyway ??
[#0000FF]If you are asking me...I don't know. Haven't kicked it with my fins yet. But I suspect that it is not more than a foot to 18" in size...unless they had bigfoot carry it down for them.

I suspect it is mainly a problem for folks using the courtesy dock...in the current low water conditions. As suggested, once the water rises it will be deep enough to no longer be a problem.

If you launch your boat alone, and have to use the dock to tie up the boat while you park your vehicle, just nose the boat in with main motor up and using the electric. Once you get away from there, you might also want to use the electric to go out the channel. It is coming up slightly but still skinny for some craft. Just stay in the center of the channel. As soon as you round the bend at the end of the channel you will have plenty of water.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
The only solution I see is to be aware and try to avoid the rock until we get an increase in the water level. The best solution would be to have the County coordinate with the Army Corp of Engineers to dynamite the channel, clean it out with a D9 Cat and a couple of back hoes working from each side. Problem solved. Easy. (Yeah right!)
[signature]
[quote Boatloadakids]The only solution I see is to be aware and try to avoid the rock until we get an increase in the water level. The best solution would be to have the County coordinate with the Army Corp of Engineers to dynamite the channel, clean it out with a D9 Cat and a couple of back hoes working from each side. Problem solved. Easy. (Yeah right!)[/quote]

Ive had the same thoughts at WB,
I wish while water was really low this year and they were doing the dike raise, that they would have borrowed a couple Long boom trackhoes from GSL to scoop all the rocks (lots of "fire rings" and sitting rocks) ouf of the marina/channel so theyre not an issue in the future.
[signature]
IF only, but by the time they do the environmental assessment, put it out for bid, battle the enviro's in court because of the potential damage to the environment, and finally get 20 to 30 public employees to get it done !! By then, we'll have had 2-3 years of normal to high water and there will be 10ft covering the all the rocks !!!