Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
walleye location?
[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1]help w/ walleye location? [/size][/black][/font]

[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1] [/size][/black][/font][font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1]Can somebody give me some advice or know how, on finding big walleye under the ice? The lake that I fish is in utah, it has recently been introduced with perch, this has had a major affect on how to fish the lake. I have been fishing on hard water for 2 months so far this year. With only small eyes out of 65 to 55 feet of water, can some one give me input on well established lakes with eyes and perch. Do I need to go shallower?
[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Excellent question which I'm sure our moderator can answer.
[signature]
[Sad] To much bait (feed) , can make any lake hard to catch fish !! Myself , I lke to fish where the most bait is , and try to match my bait ( color and size ) to the forage thats in the lake your fishing !! If your fishing in deep water , and catching small ones , maybe their there cause the bigger ones are in shallower and their afraid they might be lunch ( they will eat their own kind ). I would be mobile and move around till you find them !! Try using tipups and get your bait in different depths and that might help you find them !! Good luck and let us know how you did !!

[signature]
THANKS. ILL GIVE IT A GO![Wink]
[signature]