Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone caught a fish in Mill Creek?
Since the treatments that is. Supposedly the treatments are done above Porter fork and those sections should have been restocked according to plan. But I was up there this weekend and saw no sign of any fish. Granted, I meant to get above Elbow Fork but with the winter gate still closed that was more of a hike than I was prepared for. So, has anyone fished and caught something post treatment?
[signature]
Not sure it helps but last year right above Millcreek Inn I caught a couple. Haven't tried any higher than that, it's tough water to fish with a fly rod even using a 6'6 3wt...

Also, first time I fished it I walked right up on a skunk and second time I fished it I walked up on a rattler so watch your step!
[signature]
I have not run into a skunk or a rattler yet, but I definitely use my 6'6" rod and have to be very careful with every cast. Wading up the stream can be quite tricky in the overgrown sections.

Where you caught a fish last year was I believe untreated at the time. They treated that section in September and will again in Sept of this year. The section I was on, however, should have been finished with treatment last Sept and restocked. But I saw absolutely nothing and usually on a small stream you end up spooking a few from right under your feet.
[signature]
I grew up fishing Mill Creek for the past 20 years. It's been agonizing the past several years not being able to really fish it like I had in the past.

I was getting my hopes up and like you, decided to go scope out to see if there were any fish above the Porter Fork area. I walked from the closed winter gate just a little longer than a mile, watching the stream the whole time.

Zilch. Not a single fish. I know they stocked it since the treatment in the upper portion, but I'm guessing it was done much higher up in the stream, because I was not seeing ANY signs of fish.

I know it's supposedly going to be better for the stream in the long run, but it has been a rough couple of years for Mill Creek!
[signature]