Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cats at Jamesville
Went out for a few hours to try for cat fish on the Roanoke. 9 in that time but nothing big to talk about. Great day in NC to enjoy. Will try some bass fishing on a local lake in a few days. see what happens.
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report Gregg. Sounds like you did good for only fishing for a few hours. Were you fishing from shore? How did the bass fishing go?
[signature]
I always take the boat. I did go to another town and found the elusive bass I've been looking for.
[signature]
Good for you on the bass, were they SM or LM bass?
[signature]
LM bass as I would have to drive west to a colder lake. I may do that in the future, just too much to learn yet locally . I do miss the small mouth bite. [:/]
[signature]
Went out Friday as it was a great day. No fisherman at all on the river.Water temp at 56 and I was able to get three small cats and a small bass on worm. Worm fished on the bottom as I was fishing for cats. Stink bait still got more hits, Some what slower as the winter comes on, but worth my trouble to get out.
[signature]
What kind of cats were you catching Gregg? Good to hear you are still getting out and finding some willing fish.
[signature]
Two channel cats and a white. Colder weather setting in, so may have to stop for 10 weeks. [:/]. Sure is better than 6-7 months that was my norm up north.
[signature]
Only 10 weeks, wow, I wish our bad weather only lasted for 10 week, we will be lucky if it only last for 3 months, maybe 4 months, if we have a long Winter. Thats cazy it lasted for 6 or 7 months at your old home.
[signature]
We didn't get snow for all that but just too cold to fish with these old bones. [crazy]
[signature]