Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nailing the Rockfish
Ucluelet British Columbia is a great place to go salmon fishing... but when things slow down we head to shallower water and cast buzz bombs and Zzingers to the waiting schools of Black Rockfish. These fish are plentiful and put up a good scrap to the boat. A great eating fish as well if you ask me. Here is how we fish for them with the Buzz Bomb. No bait is needed... its all in the jigging and falling action of the lure. Black Rockfish Feeding Frenzy.

https://youtu.be/TA-4W25guAM
[signature]
That looks like a lot of fun, how long ago were you out there on that trip? I've done that type of fishing before and it's a blast, because you never know for sure what you are going to catch. The biggest fish I caught was a 9lb ling cod and I was very surprised because until I caught that one, the rest were just like the ones caught in your video. Fun stuff.
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]That looks like a lot of fun, how long ago were you out there on that trip? I've done that type of fishing before and it's a blast, because you never know for sure what you are going to catch. The biggest fish I caught was a 9lb ling cod and I was very surprised because until I caught that one, the rest were just like the ones caught in your video. Fun stuff.[/quote]

We were out there the end of August this summer. Was a beautiful week. We were crippled though with only the 9.9 hp as our big engine was not working. Still got into great fishing close to harbor.

Yeah we have got plenty of big lings but most in deeper water. Up to 45 pounds last year.
[signature]
Wow, 45 lbs thats a good sized ling. I remember in the video you were saying you were out on the ocean with only the 9.9 motor. I remember thinking that was a small motor for being out on the ocean but I figured you were not far from shore, if you had any problems.
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]That looks like a lot of fun, how long ago were you out there on that trip? I've done that type of fishing before and it's a blast, because you never know for sure what you are going to catch. The biggest fish I caught was a 9lb ling cod and I was very surprised because until I caught that one, the rest were just like the ones caught in your video. Fun stuff.[/quote]

Yeah not optimal, but when you pay 600 bucks to Ferry the boat back and forth can't waste a day not getting out fishing. The weather was really good so wasn't too worried about that and the kicker is brand new this year. Lots of other guys around fishing too.
[signature]