Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOBER ASSESSMENT OF OUR CURRENT POLITICAL SITUATION
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3]My word Dave the Oil companies are not in some type of consperacy to screw America. Oil is a world traded comodity just like Gold, Orange Juice, Corn etc. The price of oil historicaly is on an up and down cycle, and we just happen to be in the up time. It wasn't all that long ago and oil was around $20 a barrell and your Detroit Auto companies started pumping out the un-ecinomical SUV's that dramatically contributed to our demand meeting our supply.[/size][/#808000][/font]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3][/size][/#808000][/font]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3]Speculation, and a supply that is equal to demand is why we have high oil prices. The ultimate answer is to get away from any type of comodity fuel source like oil, or corn for biofuels. Biofuels are good but as demand goes up they will be acceptable to the same speculation that oil is today, just ask the ranchers and farmers that have seen thier livestock feed prices skyrocket over the last few years since biofuels technology has increased. [/size][/#808000][/font]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3]Fuel Cells now that is the answer, but we are many years before that type of technology is widely and cheaply available to the average consumer. I heard today that Chevy was going to try and market a fuel cell car for around $80,000 by 2010. Thats good but I can buy a $40,000 car and buy $5 a gallon gas for and still be money ahead for the lifetime of the cars.[/size][/#808000][/font]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3]If people want cheaper gas in the short term like I do, it is relativly simple, STOP USING SO MUCH. But that is not the American way and we have become so extremely dependent on foreign oil it is rediculous. So the next thing would be to drill, refine, and use our own oil from our own lands. But the Democrats will not allow drilling on our major reserves we have in the US such as in Alaska, and Clinton put the kobosh on one of our nations best reserves in Utah by creating the Escalante Nation Park right before he left office. Drilling our own oil and becoming independent of foreign oil is the only way to see cheap gas at least in the short term.[/size][/#808000][/font]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3]If you think we have high oil prices now just wait and see what happens if Hilary is elected, but at least my taxes will be raised, my guns rights abolished, and the poor will live better than the working class and have free health care.[/size][/#808000][/font][Tongue]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [davetclown] SOBER ASSESSMENT OF OUR CURRENT POLITICAL SITUATION - by Wyobraz - 11-21-2007, 12:33 AM