Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oakley
(05-20-2023, 12:26 AM)meancuznalfy Wrote: A few trout, walleye and perch, not a bad day for just dinking around on shore.

Wow, that's great from shore, were you just casting jigs or were you using bait?
A little of both, jigs, drowning worms and power bait.
(05-20-2023, 02:40 AM)meancuznalfy Wrote: A little of both, jigs, drowning worms and power bait.

Good deal... planning on hitting it again next week if at all possible.
Hopefully the weather gets a little better, thunderstorms and rain every afternoon this week.
(05-25-2023, 03:07 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Hopefully the weather gets a little better, thunderstorms and rain every afternoon this week.

Fingers are crossed!!!
Weather worked out for us and we were able to find some eyes, trout and a perch. Water is higher with lots of debris in it and road was worse than it was last time we were there a few weeks ago!
(06-02-2023, 11:18 PM)psanders71 Wrote: Weather worked out for us and we were able to find some eyes, trout and a perch.  Water is higher with lots of debris in it and road was worse than it was last time we were there a few weeks ago!

Sounds like a fun day there, did you catch any big ones? That's too bad the road is in such rough shape, hopefully they grade it before it gets much worse. How much do you think the water level has come up since last Fall?
Sounds like a good day, the road won't get any better, just gets rougher.
(06-03-2023, 12:55 AM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Sounds like a good day, the road won't get any better, just gets rougher.

Don't they grade it at least once a year?
No, it hasn't been done in years.
(06-03-2023, 03:25 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: No, it hasn't been done in years.

That's a bummer, IMO roads like that should be graded at least once a year, especially after hard Winters like we just had.
They should, but they can't afford to take care of the paved roads, let alone a dirt road.
Perch was just over 10", biggest walleye was just over 16" and biggest rainbow was just under 21". Caught most trolling on the usual size 5 plug with a few on jigs, casting towards shore.

For the lake elevation, I would guess a few feet at least.

I am guessing the road being in that condition keeps the crowds away...
(06-05-2023, 12:46 AM)psanders71 Wrote: Perch was just over 10", biggest walleye was just over 16" and biggest rainbow was just under 21".  Caught most trolling on the usual size 5 plug with a few on jigs, casting towards shore.

For the lake elevation, I would guess a few feet at least.

I am guessing the road being in that condition keeps the crowds away...

Thanks for the added details, sounds like some good fish.
Got up to the lake today, ground out a couple walleye and a perch, lost a nice walleye at the boat and a trout with a brand new lure in its mouth, water has really come up lately due to all the rain we've had in the last 2 weeks and is very dirty and filled with debris, pretty slow day today. Roads rougher than it was.
(06-14-2023, 10:25 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Got up to the lake today, ground out a couple walleye and a perch, lost a nice walleye at the boat and a trout with a brand new lure in its mouth, water has really come up lately due to all the rain we've had in the last 2 weeks and is very dirty and filled with debris, pretty slow day today. Roads rougher than it was.

Sounds like some tough catching. is the water up to the ramp now? So that trout took your jig with that lure in his mouth, unless it was a small lure, I'm surprised it could even grab your jig. What kind of lure was it?
Planning on making a trip there on the 24th... Hoping for good conditions! How did you catch them today?
Yes it was a tough day, 2 weeks of rain every day combined with a bit of a cold front moving in really turned them off, waters up the high water ramp, trout took my new wonder bread rapala.

Trolling rapalas and tossing jigs, about equal hits on both.