Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "Good Old Days"
(04-04-2024, 07:20 PM)Springbuck1 Wrote:
(03-31-2024, 04:05 PM)TubeDude Wrote: You know how it is with us old-timers.  Always looking backward more than looking forward.  Around the first of the year I started doing some cleanup and maintenance on my vast (maybe half-vast) photo files.  I was reminded of some of the great fishing I have had in the past...a lot of which is no longer available today.  And I whimpered a lot.

We are always getting new members on the board and some of them might be prone to discount the tales from us oldsters about how fishing used to was on some of our waters.  So I figured I would resurrect some old pics and put together some narrative to illustrate some of the glories of the past.

You know, you really don't have to be very old to be able to remember spots you used to fish with better results than today.  The combination of drought conditions, increased angler numbers, better fish-finding technology, better tackle and lures and other factors has decreased angler success rates on some waters in only the past few years.  We all have our stories and our rememberies.  What are yours?

Hope you like the attached.

I print of and compile all of these for my dad TD, thanks
Happy to help and to share when I can.  Lemme know if there is anything else he might like.  Chances are I have something available.
(04-04-2024, 07:20 PM)Springbuck1 Wrote:
(03-31-2024, 04:05 PM)TubeDude Wrote: You know how it is with us old-timers.  Always looking backward more than looking forward.  Around the first of the year I started doing some cleanup and maintenance on my vast (maybe half-vast) photo files.  I was reminded of some of the great fishing I have had in the past...a lot of which is no longer available today.  And I whimpered a lot.

We are always getting new members on the board and some of them might be prone to discount the tales from us oldsters about how fishing used to was on some of our waters.  So I figured I would resurrect some old pics and put together some narrative to illustrate some of the glories of the past.

You know, you really don't have to be very old to be able to remember spots you used to fish with better results than today.  The combination of drought conditions, increased angler numbers, better fish-finding technology, better tackle and lures and other factors has decreased angler success rates on some waters in only the past few years.  We all have our stories and our rememberies.  What are yours?

Hope you like the attached.

I print of and compile all of these for my dad TD, thanks

We all know about the good old days kokanee fishing at Strawberry - yeah and not that long ago. 
[Image: 20170726-181012.jpg]
I used to fish every 4th of July there with my brother in law. He passed in 2019. this photo is from 2017. Wouldn't it be great to get a batch of kokanee like that these days. If I count right there are only 7 in the photo, but we found limits most days.