Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting the young started
[black][size 1]Post:[/size][/black] [black][size 1]Speaking of the Renegade -

How does do each of you use it?

As a Dry or wet fly?

I have used it only as a dry fly. But I tied up some with soft hackle for wets this last year but have not fished them.

dB
clean, inspect, dry
disinfect your wading equipment. wash boat. disinfect livewells / sumps, wash ur dog [/size][/black] [Image: clear_shim.gif][black][size 3]I mostly use it as a dropper off a larger like Wooley. I do use little tiny ones as dry in the Uinta's. They love those little guys.[/size][/black]
[signature]
I use it as a dropper off a bugger or another nymph.
[signature]
[reply]
[black][size 3]A renegade is a must have. It is suppose to imitate a snail. There are snails everywhere and so that and a Prince Nymph is my go to flies on a lot of waters.[/size][/black] [/reply]

FG.
when you use it as a wet fly or a nymph:

Your picture and the other picture of the renegade in this thread shows them tied with dry fly hackle. Is that what you use or do you use a hen feather for a softer webber hackling?
[signature]
[black][size 3]I use that 100's hackle. It works well either way. I do put a red tag as well as the gold one when I tie mine. Red tag works pretty good as a nymph.[/size][/black]
[signature]
[size 3][green][font "Poor Richard"][cool]Hey there Scruffy_Fly I don't have a single [/font][font "Poor Richard"]Renegade to my name. I guess that I am going to have to tie a few so that I don't feel like an orphan. Don't think that it will replace my go to fly which is a Royal Wulff. However, nothing ventured nothing gained.[Wink][/font][/green][/size]
[signature]
DryRod,

Royal Wulffs have been a good fly for me. Try it with a chartruese floss also.

One of nice things about the Renegade is that it is an easy tie. A lot easier and some what quicker tie than the RW.
[signature]
I have the renegades now.. picked up 3 or 4 in sizes 12 - 16 today at the Fred Hall show.. cost me .50 each so I think I got myself a good bargain.. now all I have to do is get on the wate to try them out...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]